Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving!!!!

Its Reid here! I am currently in Maggie Valley, South Carolina and its awesome! Taking some great pictures of my vacation and BEARD! Ha! Hope to have those up soon for ya.
Its been an adventure here. We got in at 3am on Wed., Went to sleep. I got up and was restless, so i went to the store for coffee and on the way back to my inlaws cabin which sits in the valley, I saw a 3 story cabin at the top of the mountain completely engulfed in flames! It was so high up and the roads were so narrow, the fire trucks could not save the house and could only keep the fire from spreading. The family was not hurt in any way! and everyone in the town here have already begun the process of taking care of the family! so awesome. On a better note! My mother in-law created an amazing feast for us. We had an enormous turkey with tons of sides and deserts.
Everything was home made. Sweet potato casserole, pumpkin pie, stuffing, mashed potatoes, some sort of sweet pecan bars! and tons of other stuff! It was great. It snowed a little last night and
we went to see the elk this evening. Going on a hike tomorrow through the woods, across creeks, looking out on the overlooks. I love it!
Might have to start a 12-1photo NC, or Tennessee!

No comments:

Post a Comment